2019 – 2020 DCCPA Executive Board Election Timeline
- Applications Accepted: December 9, 2019 – January 31, 2020 by 5 PM
- DCCPA General Membership Voting: February 1, 2020 – February 16, 2020
- Candidate Acceptance of Position by: February 21, 2020
- Announcement of DCCPA Executive Board: February 24, 2020
- Executive Board Transition: March 2020
- The President-Elect shall act in absence of the President and precede them after the one-year term of service.
- They are responsible for professional development initiatives of the Association including oversight of the activities of the Committee Chairs. They will also support the annual conference by managing the program submission and selection process.
- They will participate in functions that will prepare them for the transition to the President position; they must attend the ACPA National Conference and may attend the ACPA Summer Leadership Meeting.
- The President shall lead the chapter in all of its activities and maintain contact with liaisons at ACPA and all campuses within the District.
- They will provide direction and leadership in supporting all DCCPA members and developing a network in the city through professional development, social, and engagement activities.
Vice President of Membership & Events
- The Vice President or Membership and Events shall have primary responsibility for planning the DCCPA Annual Conference. This will include coordination of registration, budgeting, marketing to campuses, coordination of space, and logistics for the conference day.
- They shall manage the roster of members and seek to increase membership through outreach to campuses and individuals.
- They shall also be responsible for the planning and marketing of other chapter events to include happy hours, sporting events, and/or other events deemed appropriate and of interest to the membership.
Interested in running? Know someone who would be a good candidate?
The nomination and application period is now open. Submit your application below or nominate a colleague by emailing [email protected] with the following: name, email, institution, and why you are nominating the person. We will contact any nominated individuals to share the application.