DCCPA, a state division of ACPA™, promotes the professional development of college student educators and higher education professionals within the District of Columbia and the metropolitan area. DCCPA is dedicated to educators at all levels of experience and across functional areas and will:
- Provide leadership to college student educators and higher education professionals in the District of Columbia and the metropolitan area.
- Familiarize college student educators and higher education professionals with best practices and current trends leading to productive change and enhanced student learning.
- Promote and provide professional development opportunities among members concerning higher education and student affairs issues, legislation, research, programming, and the international associations.
- Serve as a leader for collaborations and connections between higher education professionals and college student educators in the District of Columbia and the metropolitan area.
- Promote student affairs as a career to undergraduate and graduate students in the DC metropolitan area.
To do the work of the association on a local level by meeting the unique and diverse needs of the chapter members through social justice, professional development across functional areas, and student learning and development.
ACPA Strategic Imperative for Racial Justice and Decolonization
ACPA/NASPA Professional Competency Areas for Student Affairs Educators